Fleetsu Plug and Play (PnP) trackers come equipped with a back-up battery so that the device can transmit data when it is not connected to power. This is useful for detecting tampering events and sending an alert to the platform. The internal back-up battery in your PnP device is turned on by default, but can be switched off to fully reset the device when required.
To use the switch on the internal battery you will need:
- Your PnP device.
- A long thin tool such as a small flat-tip screwdriver, tweezers or a toothpick.
Switching off the battery:
- Ensure the device is unplugged from USB power if previously connected.
- Rotate the device so that the plug end with the metal pins is facing you. Ensure that the orientation of the device matches the picture below.
- In the centre of the face of the plug, you will see a small rectangular hole.
- Set back within this hole is a small switch.
- Using your tool, flick the switch to the right, into the OFF position. Once the battery has been switched off, the LED lights (Power, GPS, GSM) on the top of the device should turn off.
- Now that you have switched off the internal battery, if you are performing a reset, you may wish to wait 10 seconds before switching the battery back into the ON position.